Project leaders for Colorado Springs Public Market announced in September that a general agreement had been struck to move into the west side of the old Gazette printing complex at 30 S. Prospect by 2015. Ranch Foods Direct owner Mike Callicrate, who first floated the idea of establishing a public market more than two years ago, said many details are still being finalized. While he said Ranch Foods Direct expects to be an anchor tenant in the new facility, he added that doesn’t necessarily mean the meat plant will leave its current location at 2901 N. El Paso: “Our neighbors love us. They want us to stay.” Stay tuned for more details as the project continues to unfold!
RFD Newsletters 2007-2016
- Axioms, 1906
- Ruminations on Trade and Trade Wars: As of June 1, 2018
- It’s the 199th anniversary of Walt Whitman’s birth
- Vicious Circles – Big meat packers continue to suck the blood out of cattle industry
- News.MikeCallicrate.com: Food monopolies Continue to Plunder and Pillage
- 98.3 KXDJ Radio asks what can the Trump administration do to help agricultural producers?
- Crop Statisticans, 1908
- NY Times: At Hamburger Central, Antibiotics for Cattle That Aren’t Sick
- Two Chief Economic Classes in America, 1906-2018
- Tariff Uproar
About Ranch Foods Direct
Ranch Foods Direct is a meat packing facility and local farmer’s retail market delivering healthful, high quality, naturally tender meats and foods to consumers direct from the ranch.
Our goal is to foster a business that benefits both ranchers and consumers. Our processing and distribution systems assures incomparable quality, wholesomeness, eating satisfaction, and a mutually rewarding relationship of trust and responsibility between the rancher and you the customer.